As per directions from Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India, HLM Group has established ‘ Institution’s Innovation Cell’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation in the college. The primary mandate of this is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years.
HLM has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the HLM campus.
Major Focus of IIC’s
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up/ entrepreneurship supporting Mechanism in HLM.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework (ARIIA).
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Develop better Cognitive Ability amongst Technology Students.
Functions of IIC’s
- Promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campus.
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bounded fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops / seminars / interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges, etc. with the involvement of industries.
Benefits of joining IIC’s Network
- No major capital investment required for establishing IIC as it will make use of existing local ecosystem.
- Students/Faculty associated with IIC will get exclusive opportunity to participate in various Innovation related initiatives and competitions organized by MHRD.
- Win exciting Prizes/Certificates every month.
- Meet/Interact with renowned Business Leaders and top-notch academicians.
- Opportunity to nurture and prototype new ideas.
- Mentoring by Industry Professionals.
- Experimentation with new/latest technologies.