Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) have been identified as the two most weaker section of Indian Society. They include all the castes, races or tribes, which have been socially, economically and educationally backward. The cell has been established to support and to bring students from such communities in the main stream. The BCAS SC/ST cell committee deals with the representations received from SC and ST candidates regarding their admission, recruitment, promotion and other similar matters in Universities/Colleges.
- To counsel and guide SC/ ST students and help them to manage academic and personal issues of college life effectively.
- To ensure provisions of an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
- To provide the mechanism to redress the grievance of SC/ST students, if any.
- To arrange for special opportunities to enhance the carrier growth.
- To aware the SC/ST students regarding various scholarships program of State Govt. and UGC.